BetterBricks, in partnership with Energy Trust of Oregon, offers the resources you need to improve your building's energy score and align with the City of Portland's Energy Performance Reporting Policy.
Hands-on ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager workshops are available January-April 2016, learn more. For more support, email the City's Energy Reporting Help Desk or call at 503-823-7070 with any questions regarding policy compliance.
Improving your building's energy use lowers your energy costs. It can also make tenants more comfortable through temperature control and lighting, increase rents and tenant retention, make your building more competitive in the market, increase its asset value, and lower operations and maintenance costs. Here are four low-to-no cost steps to start transforming your building today.
2. Walk through your building to identify waste and cost savers: Building Night Walk Video Series
3. Identify systems that are under-performing: Symptom Diagnostic Tools
4. Certify your building operators. Graduates help cut operating costs as much as $20,000 per year: theBOC.info
After tracking and discovering the drivers of your building's energy usage, the next step is to create an investment strategy that looks at the whole building and integrated systems. Set an energy performance goal, form a team, allocate resources, and create a plan. Use these resources to reposition your building in the market and future-proof it.
1. Create an action plan. Implement, track, and continuously improve: High Performance Portfolio Framework
2. Engage tenants through green leases, also known as high performance leases.