BetterBricks, in partnership with Energy Trust of Oregon, offers the resources you need to improve your building's energy score and align with the City of Portland's Energy Performance Reporting Policy.
Hands-on ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager workshops are available: February 7th and 23rd, March 7th and 21st, or April 11th, 2017. Click here to register.
A new workshop is also available this year, Improve Your Score Workshops. Join us March 16th or October 5th from 8am-12pm (PST) to understand your score, track your performance, and connect with resources to improve. Click here to register.
For more support, email the City's Energy Reporting Help Desk or call at 503-823-7070 with any questions regarding policy compliance.
Improving your building's energy use lowers your energy costs and increases tenant comfort and retention. Here are four low-to-no cost steps to start transforming your building today.
2. Walk through your building to identify waste and cost savers: Building Night Walk Video Series
3. Identify systems that are under-performing: Symptom Diagnostic Tools
4. Certify your building operators. Graduates help cut operating costs as much as $20,000 per year: theBOC.info
After discovering the drivers of your building's energy usage and benchmarking performance, the next step is to create an investment strategy that looks at the whole building and integrated systems. Set an energy performance goal, form a team, allocate resources, and create a plan.
1. Create an action plan. Implement, track, and continuously improve: High Performance Portfolio Framework
2. Engage tenants through green leases, also known as high performance leases.
3. Assess if your building is right for a deep energy retrofit. Visit Buildingrenewal.org to learn more and access the Spark Tool. Spark is an early assessment tool that creates a customized report with an integrated measure package to reposition your building in the market and save you 35% or more of your energy costs.